With vaccination and booster availability, the reduced impact of infection on those who are vaccinated, and the dropping rate of infection in the United States and Anderson County, the Church Council has voted to change our pandemic safety protocols. The Council decided to:
- Drop the general, church-wide mask mandate;
- Add signage at all entrances stating that “all people with symptoms, a positive test, or recent exposure to someone with Covid should wear a mask while in the building;”
- Allow the Board of Directors of Keystone and First Steps to decide the mask policy in those two areas of the building;
- Continue to require nursery workers to wear masks while working with children 5 years old and under; and
- Allow coffee and doughnuts to be available on Sunday mornings.
These changes are to take place immediately. We can anticipate the return of coffee and doughnuts on Sunday, March 20.
- Although masks are no longer required for vaccinated persons, the Council fully supports those who choose to continue wearing masks in all settings!
Thank you for your patience and faithfulness. We look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday!
Rev. Mark Flynn, Lead Pastor
Keith Jeter, Church Council Chair