Skip to content
- Where should I park? If you are able, we invite you to park in the lot across from the church on Tulane Avenue and walk over. This is officially the parking lot for Oak Ridge’s Chamber of Commerce, who graciously allows us to use it each week. If you need to park closer, or come during the week, we invite you to park in either of our church parking lots, both accessible from Tulane Avenue. The lower lot is visible from Oak Ridge Turnpike and accesses the main office and lower floor, including Keystone Adult Day Program and First Steps Child Development Center. The upper lot is near Vienna Road, and provides a “drive through” under our covered walkway. Most of this lot is designated as handicapped, and accesses the main floor including both worship spaces.
- What should I wear? Church should be a place where we can be authentic to who we are, with God and one another, and this is no exception when it comes to what we wear! We encourage you to wear what makes you feel comfortable and truly yourself. In each of our services, you will see people dressed in a bit of everything from very casual to more formal, so no matter what, you will fit right in!
- Will I be singled out as a visitor? We would love to greet you, know who you are and what brought you to church that day – but we will not ask you to stand up and be recognized as a visitor in worship. Please let us know you were here by filling out the attendance pads in the pews. We won’t bombard you with stuff – we just want to let you know we were glad to have you with us! Come by the “Donut Hole” in the Vienna Road Welcome Center for some coffee, a donut, and you can find what Sunday School class would be best for you!
- What about my children? Children add so much to our encounter with God in worship, through their energy, excitement, and laughter, and are always welcome to participate throughout the entire service! However, we want you, parents and guardians, to be able to be fully present in worship, too. We celebrate the fact that everyone worships a bit differently and encourage you to choose the option that works best for your family! Free childcare is provided for children from 6 weeks through Kindergarten age during all three worship services. Children’s Church is offered for children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade every week during the 11:00AM services, except Communion Sunday (the first Sunday of the month). Parents may register their child(ren) to attend as they enter the worship space. Later in the worship service, children will be dismissed to go to Room 304 for an age-appropriate learning experience. Please feel free to request coloring books or other children’s materials from our hospitality team members or ushers at the doors of any service.
- Tell me about communion. We believe that Christ invites all people to dine at His table, anyone who is seeking to respond to God’s gracious offer of love. Therefore, you do not need to be a member of this church or any church to participate in this meal; all are invited! When you come forward, a piece of bread will be placed in your cupped hands, you will dip the bread in the cup and consume the bread and juice together. A gluten-free option is available. The baskets located beside the Communion stations are for donations to our Community Assistance Fund, which allows us to responsibly assist our neighbors in their time of need.
- Who is welcome? Absolutely everyone.We embrace Jesus’ message that God loves and accepts every person. Therefore, we welcome all to share in the life and ministry of this community of faith. Our welcome knows no boundaries of age, race, ethnicity, culture, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, economic condition, physical ability or mental ability.