The deadline for all applications is April 15 each year. Complete applications must be postmarked or received by this date. Incomplete applications, as well as applications received after the deadline, will not be considered.
Notification of award will be sent no later than June 30 each year.
Scholarships will be awarded only to students who are accepted for study in a college or university as an undergraduate student.
REBECCA TAYLOR SCHOLARSHIP
For undergraduate students who graduated from Oak Ridge High School
Rebecca Taylor was a long time educator in Oak Ridge, and a member of First United Methodist Church. She wanted to help students from Oak Ridge High School achieve higher education.
Guidelines for the Scholarship:
The Rebecca Taylor Scholarship will be awarded annually to at least one student, or will be divided between two students. Checks will be issues directly to educational institutions.
- Must be (or have been) actively affiliated with First United Methodist Church, Oak Ridge, Tennessee during your high school years
- Must have graduated (or are planning to graduate) from Oak Ridge High School
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must have a strong faith in Christ and exemplify that faith in your daily life
- Use Generic Scholarship Application when applying for this scholarship
Please complete and send in applications to email@example.com or mail applications to:
First UMC Scholarship Applications Committee
First UMC Oak Ridge
1350 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37830