Bookwalter Cares: Suicide Prevention Awareness
April 29, 2023
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Check-in begins at 8:00 am)
- Light breakfast provided
- Lunch provided
The focus of the day is to:
- detecting warning signs
- erase the “no one I know would ever do that” idea
- address the issues of bullying
- bring awareness to other issues frequently seen as a part of suicides involving teens and young adults
- show that there is community in the issue of suicide: you are not alone
- suicide is preventable
- how to get help in and around the Knoxville area.
The keynote speaker will be Dr. Clark Flatt, Founder and CEO of the Jason Foundation. Community stakeholders will be present with information about resources in and around Knoxville. The day will offer guidance for parents, educators, youth leaders, or anyone who is willing to learn how to access the tools necessary to save lives.
It will take ALL OF US to stand in the gap and be a vital part of the solution. Complacency is not an option and it is our responsibility to do all that we can to prevent suicides especially involving teens and young adults. No one should ever have to feel alone, no parent should have to search for answers and have nowhere to turn for help.
For more information contact Pat at BUMCCares2023@yahoo.com
4218 Central Avenue Pike
Knoxville, TN 37912