Each holiday season, our congregation takes on an enormous challenge to make a real difference in the lives of many families in our community. Our Thanksgiving Shoppe will serve 60 families with complete food baskets for a holiday meal, a family game to enjoy, and pet treats. These families have each been referred to us and vetted by trustworthy area organizations.
Thanksgiving Shoppe needs:
- Family board games such as Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Uno, etc.
- Thanksgiving or Autumn themed napkins, and
- Monetary donations to purchase the Shoppe’s food needs. Make checks payable to FUMC with “Shoppe” on the memo line.
If you are able to help, please bring these items to the church office by Thursday, November 17. Thank you!
Our Christmas Shoppe also seeks to help local families who have been referred to us by area organizations. This year we already have 101 kids signed up and have had to close those referrals for now. We have never filled up this quickly, and we continue to receive referrals.
Christmas Shoppe needs:
- Our most important need is for 99 people to go to the front page of our FUMCOR.org website, signup to sponsor a child (or two), spend $75-$100 per child, and return the labeled gifts to the church by December 8. If you would like to sponsor a child but are uncomfortable registering on the website, volunteers in the Welcome Center on Sunday morning will be happy to assist you.
- Gifts ($5.00-$10.00 value) for the Children’s gift shop, so kids can select a present for their adults. Note: We have enough jewelry. Please label and bring these gifts to the church office.
- New socks and underwear in all sizes which we allow parents to select for their children
- New outdoor toys
- Small value gift cards for area stores for parents to select for children in high school
- New stuffed animals
- Wrapping paper, bags and bows (new or like new)
- Holiday-themed paper napkins
These gifts make a real difference in the lives of real people. So, thank you in advance for putting your actions where your faith is calling you.